Authentic Game Creation using Gamefroot
Time & Location
About the Event
Do you know ākonga who have some game making skills or would like to experience creating a game?
Authentic Game Creation using Gamefroot is a game creation competition for school aged ākonga and their whānau across Canterbury. The aim is to create a game using pick a path style coding using Gamefroot.
Your games story
We want to know how much you know about your local area in Ōtautahi/Christchurch? Tell a story through gaming of its history/historical significance.
We encourage tamariki to work alongside their whānau, ask them to tell you stories about the past and what Ōtautahi means to them.
Win a mini sphero
The competition runs from 9am Monday, 12 to 5pm Sunday, 18 October 2020
How to submit your game
- Create your game on Gamefroot
- Fill in the registration form below
- Copy the link to you game and place it in the area provided
Learn more about Gamefroot at one of the webinars
- Learn how to build the basics of a game using Gamefroot.
- Start putting together your own level
- Learn to code a playable character to animate and move around the level you create.
Monday, 12 October - book here
Tuesday, 13 October - book here
Wednesday, 14 October - book here
All three webinars cover the same learning material.
This is a virtual event as part of the Learning City Ōtautahi/Christchurch Learning Days.
A Collaboration between ImpactED, Gamefroot and Creative Trust.
A Rubber Ducky project inspired by Gerard MacManus.
- Auth. Game Creation- Gamefroot$0$00$0